Monday, May 28, 2012

If you were a member of the Titanic....

Rarely do I have dreams to reveal things about my life and such, but last night I think I got close to that status.  I dreamt that I was in the time of famous Titanic.  The interesting thing was that I was a time traveler.  Meaning, though I was in the 1900's I was clearly from 2012.  The other very distinct thing was though I was most definitely Katie Ludlow.  I was also Rose from the Titanic.  This is where it gets slightly confusing and complicated.  I knew that I was not going to make it off of the Titanic, even though Rose survived.  And the main reason was that I didn't have a "Jack" in this time of Titanic.  I had no one who loved me SOOO much that they would do anything to make me survive.  The sad thing is that i made this realization before I even boarded the Titanic.   Because of this fact, I had to do a lot.  (Cue though provoking parallels to my life)  I had to finish my one class, so I could "graduate" college.  This is very clear to it's meaning.  I am so incredibly nervous that I will not graduate because of one reason or the other, but mostly that I will fail this one class I am in.  I also had to make sure I contacted all my family.  This is fairly obvious to it's meaning, but it does reassure me that if I was ever in the situation that I may not see these people on earth again, that they love me despite anything.  Finally it goes back to my Jack predicament.  There were several guys in my dream that I think were suppose to fulfill that role, but none of them stuck to it.  I feel like it reflected how I don't feel like any man will be able to love me for what I am.  That I am an amazing friend, which only goes to a point.  Maybe this is too deep of  a reading of a simple dream, but it was interesting to think about.

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern ship building has gone beyond that." ~Captain Smith Titanic

1 comment:

  1. I think you interpreted this dream well. And I don't think you over-thought it.

    But know that there is someone out there who will love you for what you are. Who wants to. Who is waiting to. Who does.

    Don't forget that.

    ReplyDelete